Monday, May 21, 2012

Love is greater than the pressure to be perfect!


This one is all about The pressure to be perfect and the pressure that our society that we live in puts on young people to be perfect and I am prime example of that. I am a young girl. I know the stresses that come along with having to look a certain way, having to do well in school and college/university, family pressures, internal pressures, things that go on in the inside of you and it leads to a lot of unhappiness and depression a lot of times. I hope by the end of this article you guys are able to realize a couple of things that you might not have realized before now.

There are so many pressures to be perfect; like I said the pressure to look a certain way. We all go to colleges and universities and at some point we all think, “Wow that girl is so pretty I wish I looked like that.” In the magazines, when I see girls with flawless skin and perfectly curled bouncy hair, I always think to myself, “Why can’t I be that perfect?” I feel the pressure to be perfect on the outside. A lot of us feel the pressure to be perfect from our families too to achieve exceptional grades that can get us admission in good colleges and universities and it is very stressful and it’s hard to deal with it. I know I get very aggravated when I do the best I possibly can and my parents still say, “Why didn’t you get more marks?” I feel I’m letting them down, I’m letting myself down. I disappoint them. And it’s hard that they put that kind of pressure on me where it makes me feel that I’m not doing a good job at all.

Pressure comes in many forms, shapes and sizes. And many a times when they don’t succeed in certain area that they want to, they feel defeated and they feel that they are not good enough. One of the worst feelings that I have ever felt is the feeling that I wasn’t good enough. That’s a terrible feeling to feel. And I know that you guys can relate because everyone at some point or another doesn’t feel confident with themselves and feel that they could have done better in that area, don’t feel that they didn’t do fullest to their abilities. It affects everyone. Everyone has these times in their lives where they feel they are not doing well enough to please the people around them and that is hard. But the thing you need to know is that no one can be perfect. And no one fits the mould of perfect. To one person it may be completely different than it is for a different person.

Why not treat the other person with love? I’m sure he/she is not doing things (that you don’t like) out of their own wish. There must be some reason for what they are not doing it. Maybe he/she does not have that much retention power and so is not able to score well. Every person has a retention level, but that does not mean they are not intelligent. Maybe his/her intelligence shows up in some other form. All they are asking for is a chance… So before we ask someone to be perfect, we better look down on our flaws and ask ourselves, “Can we do what we are expecting out of the other person? Do I understand his/her state of mind? Am I right in demanding this?” Whatever answer we may get, what we truly need to realize is that Love, indeed, is greater than the pressure to be perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment