Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Special- Mama's Girl




Why is it clichéd as Daddy’s Girl or Mama’s Boy? Not that I am against it or something, but it just sets me thinking at times. (At times? Am I not always on the “Thinking Mode”? LOL) so yeah, Daddy’s Boy and Mama’s Girl sound equally good, right? Why in our society then, do we hear only what once has been once said? I agree that girls share an amazing bond with their fathers (for most cases) and boys share a great deal of closeness with their mothers. But I believe it is same the case for vice-versa.

I am a Mama’s Girl to the core and the deepest of the core. And I feel so happy when people associate me to her in terms of my resemblance to her. Like seriously! Whenever one of her friends meets me for the first time, they always tell me that they could have recognized me even if my mom did not tell them that I am her daughter. I don’t know, but for some reason, it makes me feel so good. Not just the resemblance, I feel blessed to have acquired almost all of my mother’s features- my smile, my eyes (my two features that I just LOVE). She has taught me to be what I am today and must I say, I am indeed proud of myself. One of the most important things she taught me is never to depend on anybody for anything, be it for some personal works, financially, going somewhere etc. She says that whatever you want to do, do it without waiting for someone else to take you there or someone else to do it. Another important thing she taught me to never keep anyone’s hard earned credit as in like never to plagiarize, be it someone’s money, credit for some work or anything. If you have something, which you know is not yours; you should never take its credit. Rather give it back to the person who actually deserves it. And I feel if one inculcates these teachings in their lives, they can never go wrong with their life, because that ways, they know where they stand in life.

The only thing I did not inherit from my mother is her patience. And how I wish I had the same tolerance level as she has. She has been through the thick and thin of life without a streak of line on her forehead. Such an amazing patience and tolerance level she has (touch wood). I, on the other hand, have no patience at all. And it is something one should really really have. It helps you to get through a lot in life.

The only thing I am happy not to have inherited from my mother is her hair. LOL. She has these coily, curly, wavy hairs which are like ultra-difficult to manage and the worst thing is that you cannot leave them open or even in a ponytail. Other than this, I am so grateful to God for making me totally like mummy.

I share almost everything with my mother. Obviously there are some things you just cannot share. You get where I am going, right? ;) Shopping, cooking, house cleaning, beauty sessions, gossip, secrets, bitching and I could go on and on with the list of things we do together. (Story of every girl!) I guess mothers and daughters share an amazing bond that cannot be shared by anyone else on this earth and it is such a beautiful relationship. I remember a poem we did in class 10, The Queen’s Rival by Sarojini Naidu. She has so beautifully explained the mother-daughter bond.

On this special day, all I want to say is that I Love You momma, and you are my idol. I just hope that I am able to make you proud one day and I wish to be a daughter, sister, wife and a mother as good, wonderful and amazing as you. 

The Queen's Rival

No comments:

Post a Comment