Friday, April 20, 2012

CHANGE- growing up or what?



“It is funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different.” 


Change, ironically, is the only thing permanent in life. We are all changing everyday without even realizing it. One thing that really starts to bother people is when say “Oh my gosh! You have changed so much.” Now this can be said in two tones- positive and negative. Its fine when people say that to you in a positive way, because that means they are proud of and are happy for you. But I don’t understand when people say it with so much of negativity. I mean, shouldn’t change be encouraging? Like growing as human beings? And what I personally feel is that the word “change” has a very bad stigma to it. People are very scared of it when it should be pretty much the opposite. Accept whatever changes that come your way, with open arms. It will all the more make you a better person.

Let me tell you, from my personal experience, that when some one says to you that you have changed so much in a very negative tone, that simply means “you are now out of my control, I can’t manipulate you, you are now doing things that very spontaneous to me. And I do not like it at all and so I am saying all this out of jealousy and to hurt you.”  It could be as simple as simple as they  can say “you are spending more time with the kind of people I don’t like. You have the kind of friends I wouldn’t ever make. You’re so different.” When the only person you have to go back to at the end of the day, when you are snuggling in your bed is yourself. So just know that whatever situation, whatever decision you make in your life, it is going to be on your shoulder. And if you are fine with it, don’t let anyone’s comments and statements bother you. Rather, just hit them back with “Oh is it? Wow! That is so cool. I really like it now. What is the problem in that?”

You are your best friend. You might have a friend who is very close to yourself. Someone with whom you have grew up and shared all your secrets with. But things could happen later in life, down the road. You need to be comfortable with yourself and need to be able to report to yourself. If you make a decision that everybody thinks is wrong, but if you think its right deep down, and you can live with its consequences, then just go for it.

People really love to go deep down in others life and see what they are doing. They will be just be jealous of you or sad that they do not have the control over you anymore. And all these feelings will turn into hatred, even before you know it. They will despise you. And that is when you literally have to step back and you need to question yourself, “why is this person jealous of me?” Is this because I am not in your control anymore? I am making my own decisions without consulting you? I am doing things without even letting you know what I am doing. Some one really needs to go and tell these people that CHANGE is a good thing. If you are not changing, you are not growing.

2 comments:

  1. I have been facing such questions of late because i went to Delhi for my higher studies and whenever i come back to my home place,i am made feel horrible. But after reading your views, i am so inspired to face each question with dignity. Thanks. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice....i like the quote. summarizes the whole post. :)

    ReplyDelete