Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Dream Little Secret #4



When I was a child, probably in class 7 or class 8, there used to be this cartoon series, “Heidi”, that used to telecast 5 days a week at 8 pm. I and my brother used to watch it religiously and never missed a single episode. And when it ended, I remember being really very sad for it. Besides enjoying the story, what I enjoyed most was the house in which Heidi lived with her grandfather, a small cottage in the Alps, surrounded by mountains all around- green and snow-capped. Ever since, I have dreamt of owning my own cottage in the midst of Mother Nature.  Then, in vacations, my family used to plan a trip to Himachal Pradesh almost every summer. When I saw such cottages in real, my dream grew even more strong.
Every year, our school used to take us to the trekking and hiking. In class 11, we went to Brighu Lake (4,235 m above the sea level). It is one of my most memorable trek/trip of my life. I actually lived the kind of life I wanted, even if it was for a few days. The only difference being that instead of a cottage, we used to sleep in tents. It was a lifetime experience for me. Waking up every morning to the chirping of birds, clean air, green and white mountains all around, bonfire at night, brushing teeth and washing utensils with the chilled stream water, cozying up in our sleeping bags and so much more is something I can never forget. I remember the day were to leave for our destination, Brighu Lake, we woke up at 3 in the morning and we literally saw the entire Milky Way. The feeling was and still is beyond words and by far my best feeling.
I just wish to own my very own cottage on the mountains so that I never have to crave for that feeling. I can go there and experience them whenever I can. (And yes, the hotel or rented cottage would not serve my purpose.)

1 comment:

  1. i see similarities...lol....all four of yours dream secret match with mine :)

    ReplyDelete